Cisco Software-Defined WAN (Viptela)
Re-defining Connectivity for the Cloud Era
The proposed Cisco SD-WAN solution offers a broad set of options to facilitate the management and organization of your WAN. The proposed platform delivers secure end-to-end network virtualization. Your organization can use the proposed solution to build large-scale networks with full integration of routing, security, centralized policy, and orchestration. This creates a network that is easy to manage while eliminating disconnects between business and IT.
InfoSoft Systems offers the following products and features with the proposed solution.
- Transport Independent Secure Fabric
- Separation of Control Plane and Data Plane
- Zero-Trust Security
- Zero Touch Provisioning
- Advanced Analytics
- Cisco SD-WAN Security
Application experience – Predictable SLA for voice, cloud, and other critical enterprise applications. – Application aware policies with real time enforcement around network problems. – Multiple hybrid active-active links for all scenarios.
Full security for internet and cloud applications – Complete integrated security stack, both on-premises or cloud-delivered. – Zero trust foundation with authentication, encryption, and segmentation. – Web security, Enterprise Firewall, IPS, AMP, NGAV, DNS-layer enforcement, URL filtering.
Multi-cloud optimized – Extend SD-WAN to major public cloud and collocation providers. – Real time optimized performance for Office365, Salesforce,anf other major software as a service (SaaS) app. – Workflow integration for AWS, Azure, and Google cloud.
Operational simplification – Full integration of unified communication, multi-cloud and security into SD-WAN. – Single management dashboard for configuration and management of WAN, cloud and automated security. – Automation with Template-based, zero touch provisioning and RESTful integration.
Rich analytics – Granular visibility of applications and infrastructure enables rapid failure correlation and mitigation. – Sophisticated forecasting and what if analysis for effective resource planning.
Proposed Cisco SD-WAN (Viptela) Components
- Cisco vManage is a centralized dashboard that facilitates automatic configuration, management, and monitoring of the overlay network. Users login to Cisco vManage to centrally manage all aspects of the network life cycle from initial deployment, ongoing monitoring and troubleshooting to change control and software upgrades
- Cisco vSmart Controllers establish secure SSL connections to all other components in the network. They also run an OMP to exchange routing, security, and policy information. The centralized policy engine in Cisco vSmart Controllers provides policy constructs to manipulate routing information, access control, segmentation, extranets, and service chaining.
- Cisco SD-WAN VAnalytics provides deep insight into the operations of the WAN including visibility into network operations and application visibility and availability. In addition, customers can run through various “What-if” scenarios and fine tune their network based on the recommendations.
- Cisco SD-WAN Routers are full-featured IP routers that perform standard functions such as Border Gateway Protocol (BGP), Open Shortest Path First (OSPF), ACLs, QoS, and various routing policies in addition to the overlay communication. These routers establish secure connectivity to all of the control components and also connect IPsec sessions with other vEdge routers in the WAN network.